Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is one my father-in-law was very fond of. It's a family favorite, not only because Pat loved it but also because it's dang good. Cook time is mostly chill time.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- While the water is heating, evenly scatter cherries and pecans in a 9x13" pan.
- When water boils, remove from heat and add both packages of getatin to it.
- Stir to dissolve gelatin completely.
- Add 2 cups of cold water.
- Pour gelatin mixture over cherries and pecans.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over the gelatin until it looks like you have enough to make a lovely blanket of marshmallow goodness.
- Using a flat hand, gently push the marshmallows down into the gelatin until they all have a gelatin coating (this is to keep them from shriveling).
- Cover with plastic wrap and let chill for about 6 hours, or until firm.
- Serve with dinner (this is not considered a dessert; it is a side dish; don't ask me why).
- Also, there is a family sensitivity to pecans and walnuts, thus there are few of them in this recipe.
- Please feel free to increase the amount of nuts to your taste.