Recipe by beachbaker
I live on the Southern Delaware Coast. In season we eat alot of crabs. My mother in law makes this bread whenever we have a crab dinner. It is soooo delicious and so easy to make. If you can't have dairy, just substitute Earth Balance whipped Spread in place of the butter.
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
This was quite good. It rose very nicely and came out pretty on the top. I don't make yeast breads so I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall '08.
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (we use Miller Lite)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (more or less depending on your taste) or 1⁄2 cup Earth Balance whipped spread (more or less depending on your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar and beer together and pour into a greased loaf pan (I prefer a Pyrex loaf pan, but any loaf pan works).
- Bake for 45-55 minutes (depending on your oven), until golden and crusty on top.
- When finished baking, remove from oven and slowly pour melted butter all over the top of the loaf.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes and serve.
- This is best when it's warm!