Recipe by seashell
I make this from leftovers when we have baked ham. A good way to use that ham bone and some leftover meat. Cook time is approx. The longer you let it simmer, the better.
- 1 ham bone
- leftover ham
- 1 (1 lb) bag great northern bean
- 6 -8 cups water
- 1 chopped onion (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse beans and drain.
- In a large pot, add the water, and beans.
- Bring to boil and simmer for@ 30 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic and ham and ham bone.
- Simmer for@ 30 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 6 hours.