Recipe by Bone Man
These are a nice change of pace to fix on a grill over the campfire, or, on a gas or charcoal grill. Serve with thinly sliced onion, mustard, horseradish, tomato and/or lettuce.
- 1 lb sausage, good quality (I use Bob Evans' brand)
- 2 lbs ground beef (I use lean ground chuck)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- 12 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients, except salt, in a large mixing bowl, forming about 12 patties.
- Grill the burgers until there is no pink in the center, (due to the sausage as an ingredient). Salt them as the second side is cooking.
- Serve on buns with condiments of your choice. Deli Kaiser buns make for a nice departure from tradition.
- A TIP: Better to make the burger larger in diameter and not too thick so that they will cook through.