Recipe by SJL330
This is a beautiful dish and gets lots of ohhs and ahhs at gatherings.
Top Review by senorita2136
SO I made this for the first time for a Memorial Day get together. EVERYONE LOVED IT. One guest called it "Pleasure in a Bowl". We loved it. I used pound cake instead of angel food (because it was on sale). It was really really good and can't wait to try it again. Thanks!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 quart strawberry
- 1 quart blueberries, can use blackberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, for berries
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Add sour cream, vanilla and Cool Whip.
- Mix pudding as directed and add to cheese mixture.
- In separate bowls add sugar to each type of fruit and let sit. You can also add a bit of orange juice to fruit mixture if fruit isn't very juicy.
- In a trifle dish, or clear glass bowl, put a tightly packed layer of angel food cake pieces.
- Drizzle a little orange juice over cake layer.
- Now alternate layers of berries, pudding/cheese mixture and cake til dish is full.
- Last layer should be pudding/cheese mixture.
- Garnish with fresh berries.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours. This is really good made the day before too.
- This is a beautiful dessert and looks very difficult so get ready to enjoy all the compliments you'll receive when you bring this dish to your next event.