1/2 Photos of Patriotic Trifle
This is a beautiful dish and gets lots of ohhs and ahhs at gatherings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 quart strawberry
- 1 quart blueberries, can use blackberries
- 3/4 cup sugar, for berries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- 2Add sour cream, vanilla and Cool Whip.
- 3Mix pudding as directed and add to cheese mixture.
- 4In separate bowls add sugar to each type of fruit and let sit. You can also add a bit of orange juice to fruit mixture if fruit isn't very juicy.
- 5In a trifle dish, or clear glass bowl, put a tightly packed layer of angel food cake pieces.
- 6Drizzle a little orange juice over cake layer.
- 7Now alternate layers of berries, pudding/cheese mixture and cake til dish is full.
- 8Last layer should be pudding/cheese mixture.
- 9Garnish with fresh berries.
- 10Refrigerate at least 4 hours. This is really good made the day before too.
- 11This is a beautiful dessert and looks very difficult so get ready to enjoy all the compliments you'll receive when you bring this dish to your next event.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patriotic Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 285.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g