Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this off Good Morning America as part of their 4th of July celebration. It was made by Tim Love. It's a potato salad made with no mayo or salad dressing. I have not made this recipe yet.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced extremely thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas (or cooked fresh baby peas ( 5 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a 3-quart saucepan, cover potatoes with cold salted water and simmer, covered, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk together vinegar, shallot, red pepper, garlic, salt and pepper in a large serving bowl.
- Drain potatoes and cut in half or quarter, if desired. Add to vinegar mixture while still warm, and toss to coat. Add oil, peas and mint, and toss to combine.
- Season with more salt and pepper (to taste) and serve warm or at room temperature.