Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook", this potato salad has been declared the absolute favorite of many guests I have served it to; it's one of my favorites too. Preparation time does not include time needed to chill salad.
- 14 small red potatoes, scrubbed clean and halved
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, sliced (white part and 2 inches green)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (lowfat's fine)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Please not Miracle Whip, unless you really have to.)
- Boil potatoes until tender; drain, and cool.
- Combine eggs, potatoes, carrot, and green onions in a large bowl.
- Add dill, parsley, caraway, salt, and pepper; gently toss to combine.
- Mix sour cream and mayonnaise and gently fold into the potato mixture.
- Refrigerate salad at least four hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Complete hit, had food bloggers raving! Making it again today for another party.
This is such a fabulous potato salad. I've made it several times over the years. I love the flavor combination of the grated carrot, fresh dill, and caraway seed. I use the red potatoes as recommended, since they hold their texture nicely. I'm so glad you posted the recipe, Rochsann! Roxygirl in Colo.