Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A great recipe for the 4th Of July.
- 2 (9 inch) baked round white cake layers, cooled
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) packagejell-o brand strawberry gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) packagejell-o brand berry blue gelatin mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoftened Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- PLACE cake layers, top-sides up, in two clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- STIR 1 cup of the boiling water into each flavor dry gelatin mix in separate small bowls 2 minute until completely dissolved.
- Carefully pour red gelatin over 1 cake layer and blue gelatin over remaining cake layer. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Beat 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) softened PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese and 2 cups powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed or wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping until well blended.
- DIP one cake pan in warm water 10 sec.; Unmold 1 of the layers onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the frosting mixture onto cake layer on plate. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer. Frost top and side of cake. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Cut into 16 slices to serve. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.