Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty,pretty, no-bake pie for berry lovers. Perfect for summer or anytime. I got the recipe from one of my students when we compiled a class cookbook. My family liked it - I hope yours does too!
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry glaze
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In small saucepan, combine 1/3 c sugar, cornstarch, and gelatin. Stir in water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Add all but 1/4 cup of the blueberries. cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese, milk, and 2 Tbsp sugar until smooth.Carefully spread over cooled blueberry layer.
- Arrange strawberries over cream cheese, leaving space in the center for reserved blueberries. Spoon glaze over strawberries.
- Fill center with blueberries. Cover, and refrigerate for several hours.
A simple and tasty summer dessert that makes a good presentation. The only thing I did differently was to mix the strawberry glaze with the strawberries before piling on top of the pie - helps keep the strawberries together.