Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this one on an internet food blog and decided to try it. They were super easy to make and looked great with all of the other red, white and blue decorations for the 4th of July!
Top Review by lauralie41
My DD makes strawberries dipped in chocolate and they are amazing so I was anxious to try this recipe. While these strawberries are a very cute idea for the fourth of July the white chocolate was sweeter then I had thought and then dipped in the sugar was even sweeter. If I made them for the 4th I would not dip them so much in the white chocolate and dip very easily in the blue sugar, just a light touch for both. Made and reviewed for My3Chefs - June 2012.
- 24 strawberries, washed and dried
- 340.19 g bag white chocolate chips (you can also use white chocolate discs or squares)
- 29.58 ml blue decorators sugar (or blue sprinkles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place the blue decorators sugar or sprinkles into another small bowl.
- Place white chocolate chips into a bowl and melt according to package directions. It takes 3-5 minutes. If you use a pot on the stove, it may take longer.
- When melted, dip the lower 2/3 of the strawberry into the white chocolate.
- Dip lower half of the white chocolate into the blue sugar.
- Place on wax paper and repeat with remaining strawberries.
- Place cookie sheet into the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- When finished, the top of the strawberry should be red, the middle should be white and the bottom should be blue.