- 1 lb bread dough
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 lb dried currant, washed and drained
- 1⁄2 lb seeded raisins, washed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Let dough rise; add brown sugar, butter, eggs, cream, cloves and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Dissolve soda in water; mix into dough. Add currants and raisins; mix well.
- Turn into greased pan. Let rise for 20 minutes. Bake in preheated 325 F oven for 1 hour or until cake tests done.
- Cool. Ice as desired and garnish with candied cherries.