Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Gooseberry Patch's "Blue Plate Specials."
Make and share this Patriotic Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, cream sugar and butter together; blend in eggs and buttermilk.
- Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Stir in cranberry sauce and blueberries.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack.