1/31 Photos of Patriotic 4th of July Cupcakes
Patriotic cupcakes that can be used for any occasion. You can always substitute your own recipe for white cake and white frosting. In regards to the comment below, I went back to the original recipe to check and it does call for 2 tablespoons of batter per color -- I have never had any problems and I actually get 12 cupcakes out of this recipe. I use scant tablespoons. If anyone is worried, try it with teaspoons instead of tablespoons or even 1 tablespoon of the batters per cupcake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces white cake mix
- 1 cup water (or as indicated on cake mix directions)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as indicated on cake mix directions)
- 3 eggs (or as indicated on cake mix directions)
- 1/2 teaspoon blue food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- red white and blue candy sprinkles
- 1Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- 2In a small bowl, combine 1 1/3 cups batter with blue food coloring. In another small bowl, combine red food coloring with 1 1/3 cups batter. Leave the remaining batter plain.
- 3Fill paper-lined muffin tins with 2 tablespoons red batter, 2 tablespoons plain batter, and 2 tablespoons blue batter. Do not swirl batter, leave it layered.
- 4Bake at 350ºF for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a cupcake comes out clean.
- 5Cool 10 minutes in pan and then remove cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Frost with vanilla frosting and decorate with sprinkles.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patriotic 4th of July Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.3
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 250.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g