Recipe by JMUPatrick
Low-carb and full-flavor! A zesty blend of chicken, broccoli and cheese sauce in this delicious casserole!
Top Review by ambahz
I added extra broccoli and made more of the cheese sauce. I used 98% FF cream of chicken, mayo with olive oil, and fat free cheddar with regular parm. I really liked it with the lemon. I also skipped the almonds, just because i didn't have any. I would definitely make it again. Doing phase 1... for phase 2 It would probably be better with breadcrumbs.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 lb diced chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup condensed cream of chicken soup (NOT low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (NOT low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium frying pan, saute chicken breast in olive oil until fully cooked and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together cheese, mayonnaise and cream of chicken soup.
- In a medium casserole dish, layer first the broccoli florets, then the cooked chicken, then give the mixture a good squeeze of lemon juice for flavor.
- Continue layering with the cheese sauce mixture and top with chopped almonds and parsley flakes until fully covered.
- Bake casserole at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.