Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I savored this incredible dish at a great restaurant located in Washington County, Pennsylvania in 2001 and swore that I'd clone it ASAP. I did that fairly quickly after my tour of The Keystone State and, while the great mesh of flavors was still clear in my mind. I'm pretty happy with the result. Really, I like it hotter than this (I add more hot sauce at the table) but this level of heat seems to make most folks happy. Cooking time does not take into account the time it takes to cook the pasta. Enjoy!
- 1 lb raw shrimp, medium, deveined, peeled, de-tailed
- 1 lb linguine (1# dry weight, cooked)
- 8 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices (see directions)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, West Indies (yellow hot sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or, to taste)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Saute shrimp and add the garlic.
- Add all seasonings and the heavy cream -- sautee for 2 minutes and add the cheese.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta, toss, garnish the top with the freshly chopped parsley, and serve.
- A full batch of Dee514's Italian Spice Blend Recipe #38293, can be made by combining: 2 tablespoons dried basil; 2 tablespoons dried marjoram; 1 tablespoon garlic powder; 1 tablespoon dried oregano; 1 tablespoon dried thyme; 1 tablespoon dried rosemary; 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- Note: The primary reason I use West Indies Hot Sauce in this dish is to not discolor the white sauce with the traditional red hot sauce. If you don't care, then you can use red hot sauce (Frank's is comparable on the heat scale) and it will still taste the same.
This was delicious. I loved the garlic taste. I think the next time I make it for 4 servings I'll add about 1/4 cup more ream. We would have liked it a bit creamier. Thanks for posting this delightful recipe.
Excellent dish, whole family enjoyed it!