Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my invention to make corn-on-the-cob even better than it already is. Use this seasoned butter with either boiled, microwaved, or grilled corn. Once you make up a pound, just wrap it in aluminum foil and keep it in the fridge until you need it. This stuff really is good. I always put out both the regular butter and this butter and guess what they always grab for seconds once they try it? A good item to have ready for the backyard summer cookout.
- 1 lb salted butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chipotle-type)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix, powder (from a packet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mesquite powder (Durkee smokey)
- Melt the pound of butter in a large glass bowl, using the "defrost" mode of the microwave. Before it is totally melted, remove it from the microwave.
- Pour in the seasonings and stir well with a fork.
- Using a bowl that is wider at the top than at the bottom, (for a mold) spray the bowl with Pam and pour in the seasoned butter.
- Place in freezer until solid again. Unmold when solid, wrap in aluminum foil and store in refrigerator until needed for use.
- Chipotle chili powder is smokey and can be ordered online if you can't find it locally.