Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I sort of popularized meat rubs in my neighborhood, once my friends and family tried the results. I used to throw together a rub just randomly as I needed one but, as my barbequeing pals began to bug me for an actual recipe, I devised this one which I now keep a batch of on the counter. This is specifically for large cuts/roasts of bone-in pork (not ham) that you plan to smoke outdoors or roast in the oven. If you don't have adobo seasoning, just use 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper instead. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo seasoning (Mexican season-all)
- Rub the roast all over with the blend and allow it to sit for a few minutes prior to grilling or roasting the meat.
- It won't all stick to the meat. Just use whatever sticks.
- NOTE: If you only have light brown sugar, (dark brown sugar has a slightly higher molasses content), that's okay.