Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This hearty classic beef stew is perfect for a cold fall or winter's night!
Make and share this Patrick's Beef Burgundy Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 680.38 g stewing beef
- 35.43 g packet onion soup mix
- 7.39 ml beef bouillon
- 3-4 baking potatoes, skinned and cubed
- 4-5 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalk celery, sliced
- 425.24 g can green peas
- 425.24 g can hominy or 425.24 g cangolden corn
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 177.44 ml red wine
- 29.58 ml cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1. In a large sauce pan, brown the stew beef in olive oil and garlic.
- 2. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, peas, corn, and tomatoes.
- 3. Add onion soup mix, bouillon and wine. (Burgundy (Pinot Noir) is traditional, but rule of thumb: the best wine to cook with is your favorite wine to drink!).
- 4. Simmer over medium-low heat 5-10 hours. (A broth will form as stew sweats.).
- 5. Add cornstarch mixed with water.
- 6. Turn heat to medium-high and stir until thickened.
- 7. ENJOY!
I loved it as well as my family it will now be one that we do again and again