Recipe by Bone Man
Here's a nice sweet rub for the wild ducks that you bagged on your last hunting trip. It's enough to rub 2 large ducks, such as mallards or black ducks. I recommend this rub for dabblers only, not for diving ducks. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin, ground up
- 2 tablespoons orange peel, freshly zested
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- I grind up my raisins pretty fine in the food processor by pulsing the blender. If your raisins are so moist that they "ball up" in the food processor, try mincing them finely by hand with a French knife.
- Blend all rub ingredients.
- Rub the ducks inside and out with the blend and allow them to sit for a few minutes prior to roasting. Toss any extra rub inside the body cavity of the ducks.
- TIP: As juices form in the roaster during cooking, add in a stick of butter and baste the bird 2 or 3 times before it gets done.