Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mexican Recipes By Patricia Wriedt These are recipes translated into English and shared by Patricia Wriedt from Mexico City Potatoe side dish. http://mexicancooking.netrelief.com/wriedt/mexican_poblano_chile_and_potato_recipe.shtml
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon epazote leaves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- mozzarella cheese (shredded) (optional)
- Roast and peel the poblanos. Cut them in 1/2" pieces.
- Cook the potatoes in a steamer, microwave or in boiling water. Cut them in quarters.
- Fry the onions in vegetable oil. When transparent, add the peppers, potatoes, epazote, salt and pepper. Add the cheese and serve.
Another potato winner. My family loves potatoes on a Friday night, and these were exceptionally good. The heat from the poblano peppers were delicious, and the epazote leaves were interesting. It did add a nice touch to the potatoes, though.
Great potatoes. I had never heard of epazote leaves, but found some at the local grocery which has a large Hispanic section. Really liked the flavor they added. I subbed Monterey Jack for the mozzarella. Will be making these again! Made for ZWT8.