Recipe by CookinMama
This is an old family recipe that has a classic taste. I did my best converting the, "it's a little bit of this and that" into ingredients- enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger meat
- 46 ounces canned tomato juice
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 small onion, diced chunky
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon italian seasoning (add more if you like)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins only!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions and garlic with EVOO, add meat, season to taste and cook until meat is brown.
- Drain meat.
- Add all ingredients above. Bring to a boil, add a sprinkle of black pepper to the mix and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- No test tasting until the sauce has a chance to reach it's full flavor- it takes at least 30 minutes This will feed 6 to 8 people! It's not spicy, so feel free to add more Italian seasoning!