Two-thread consistency is when a two threads are formed (and do not break) when your forefinger and your thumb are pulled apart gently. This stage is also called the soft ball stage - when a drop of syrup of this consistency is dropped into a bowl of cold water, it forms a soft ball. I found this on indianfood.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1cut 4 squares from a thin polythene sheet.
- 2Sift both flours together.
- 3Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- 4Add flour mixture and roast on low till light golden.
- 5Keep aside to cool a little, stirring occasionally.
- 6Prepare syrup simultaneously.
- 7Make syrup out of sugar, water and milk.
- 8Bring syrup to 2 1/2 thread consistency.
- 9Pour at once into the flour mixture.
- 10Beat well with a large fork till the mixture forms threadlike flakes.
- 11Pour onto a greased surface or thali and roll to 1" thickness lightly.
- 12Sprinkle the charmagaz seeds and elaichi and gently press down with palm.
- 13Cool, cut into 1" squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin plastic sheet.
- 14Store in airtight container.
Nutritional Facts for Patisa (Soan Papdi)
Serving Size: 1 (1424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.4
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.2 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: