Recipe by bayousong
I found this recipe years ago SOMEWHERE and have been making it ever since. It is a little different, but good.
- 4 1⁄2-5 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- paprika, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and paprika.
- In a dutch oven, saute chicken in butter until golden on all sides.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and clove and pour on orange juice.
- Simmer, covered, until chicken is fork tender.
- Cut lemon and orange into 10 wedges each.
- Peel avocado in half and cut each half into 5 long slices.
- Arrange chicken on a heated platter and garnish with avocato, lemon and orange to squeeze over chicken as desired.
- Degrease sauce and serve on the side.