Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe was adopted by me in August 2006. I'm not sure whose it was but it sounds tangy tasty. Makes a ton. Can easily be cut in half. I think other types of beans would work well too. Cook time is what I use for chilling time in the fridge.
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 1⁄3 cups pickle relish
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in HUGE bowl.
- Best when chilled for a while (I prefer overnight).
This is a great, quick salad and makes a nice vegetarian lunch. It's just so easy! I like the sour cream instead of mayo - more "tangy" and less "greasy". I used a sweet pickle relish because I figured that my fiance would want some and he doesn't like dilly-garlicky pickles, but if I make it just for myself, I'm going to use the dilly kind, and I think maybe some chopped red bell pepper. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Shelly!