Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
this is an old fashioned type candy
Make and share this Patience Candy recipe from Food.com.
- Combine 2 cups of the sugar,milk and butter in a pan.cook over low heat, stirring only until sugar is dissolved.
- Melt the remaining 1 cup sugar in a skillet, without stirring till lightly browned.
- Mix very gradually with the first mixture -- continue to cook to 238* or a few drops in cold water forms a soft ball.
- Beat till candy is creamy and looses its gloss.
- Mix in pecans.
- Pour into a buttered 9" square pan, which has been covered with marshmallows.cut into squares --
- Let sit till firm.and cut into squares.