Glossy and rich--great for special occasion cakes, a little fussy to make but worth it, and can be made well ahead of use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler.
- 2Combine the egg, milk, water and sugar and stir into the chocolate.
- 3Cook the icing over hot water for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Remove it from the steam.
- 5Beat it with a rotary beater for 1 minute or until well blended.
- 6Stir in the vanilla.
- 7Cool the icing before spreading it.
- 8Tightly covered and stored in the refrigerator it will keep for several days.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patent Leather Icing - Glossy Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.4
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 146.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 100.7 g
- Protein 15.0 g