Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a simple version of this dish...because it assumes that you have the pateles (or pasteles) on hand. I couldn't add it into the ingredient list, but you will want about 4 pateles to add in at the appropriate time. It is simple to find a recipe for them. From AlohaWorld
- Cut meats up into bite size pieces.
- Brown in hot oil, add onions and garlic.
- When browned add tomato sauce and water.
- Simmer about 35 minute
- Add the potatoes and carrots, cooking until fork tender.
- Add salt and pepper, then add pateles, breaking up as you add.
- The pateles will thicken the stew.
- Enjoy with rice and pickled onions.