Recipe by Pikake21
This is a simple version of this dish...because it assumes that you have the pateles (or pasteles) on hand. I couldn't add it into the ingredient list, but you will want about 4 pateles to add in at the appropriate time. It is simple to find a recipe for them. From AlohaWorld
- 1 lb pork
- 1 lb chicken
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans water (just use same can)
- salt and pepper
- 1 potato, cut into stew sizes
- 1 -2 carrot, cut into stew sizes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meats up into bite size pieces.
- Brown in hot oil, add onions and garlic.
- When browned add tomato sauce and water.
- Simmer about 35 minute
- Add the potatoes and carrots, cooking until fork tender.
- Add salt and pepper, then add pateles, breaking up as you add.
- The pateles will thicken the stew.
- Enjoy with rice and pickled onions.