Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 cup crouton, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water, cold
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces liver sausage
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pimientos, chopped
- Combine Croutons and butter.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees.
- for ten minutes.
- Soften gelatin in cold water; stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Combine softened cream cheese, liver sausage and Miracle Whip, mixing at medium speed on mixer until well blended.
- Gradually add gelatin.
- Stir in onion, pimento, mustard and lemon juice until well blended.
- Pour into pan over baked crust.
- Chill until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove rim of pan.
- If you don't have a spring form pan, just put into anything that you can bake in.
- The original recipe called for 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- I think that this is too much and a little too tart.
- If you use 1/4 cup lemon juice, that will be fine.