Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Melt in your mouth short crust pastry for tarts or quiche.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- Put flour and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine, about 20 seconds.
- Add butter, pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- With the motor running, slowly add the ice water and process until dough starts coming together.
- Remove from processor and pat into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour.