Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
From Microwave entertaining. makes 12 large pieces or 60 small pieces - enough for about 6 pies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (very cold cut into 12 pieces)
- 3 -4 tablespoons ice cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- in large bowl or food processor mix flour and salt.
- working fast cut butter into flour with a pastry blender, two knives or the food processor until particles are pea sized.
- add 1 tbsp water at a time, using a tossing motion to mix, until particles can be gathered into a ball.
- flatten dough into aprox 4 1/2 inch pancake.
- cover with plastic wrap and chill one hour or up to 3 days (or freeze 30 minutes).
- roll chilled dough into a 1/4 inch thick 12 in diameter circle.
- using a cookie cutter (3 inch x 2 inch) cut out 12 large pieces.
- place shapes in a circle on a piece of double wax paper.
- prick with fork every 1/2 inch.
- microwave on high for 3 1/2 - 4 minutes until opaque and dry, but NOT browned; rotate paper halfway through cooking.
- remove from microwave and cool on cooling rack.