Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
From Southern Living
Make and share this Patchwork Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 8 cups peaches, peeled and sliced, 3 lbs
- 5 cups plums, sliced, 2 lbs
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- For crust: stir together first three ingredients. Cut butter into flour mixture. Whisk together egg yolk and milk. Stir into butter/flour mixture. Shape into a flat disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour.
- For filling: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix peaches, plums and blueberries in a bowl. Stir together sugar and flour. Stir into peach mixture. Pour fruit into a 9x13 inch pan. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Roll dough for crust to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into 2 inch squares. Lay squares in a patchwork pattern over peach mixture. Whisk together egg and water. Brush over crust. Sprinkle with sanding sugar if desired.
- Bake 40 to 55 minutes. Cool 1 hour.