Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
As we do them in Greece.
- 2 lbs cooked peeled potatoes (I nuke them)
- 1 egg
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly (white and green parts)
- 3⁄4 cup minced flat leaf parsley or 3⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1 cup kefalotiri or 1 cup parmesan cheese, or myzithra cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- flour (for dredging)
- oil (for frying)
- Rice the potatoes.
- Add the egg, onions, parsley or cilantro, cheese and pepper.
- Taste and add salt if not salty enough.
- Combine well and refrigerate for 2 hours before proceeding with recipe.
- Shape the potato mixture into'meatballs'.
- Dredge in flour, flattening slightly, and fry in hot oil (we use olive oil in Greece, but vegetable oil can be used instead).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot or warm.
- Note: Breadcrumbs can also be used to dredge the potato croquettes instead of the flour.
- This results in a crisper exterior.
Very good croquettes. I used Parmesan cheese but the flavor did not come trough enough. Maybe I will use more next time or the Kefalotiri is just a better cheese to use. I coated them in greadcrumbs and fried them in olive oil. Served them with roast chicken and steamed runner beans.
four thumbs up!! my boyfriend and i LOVED these potatoes...made for zwt4.
Made these as a side to pork chops. They were delicious. DH had his drowned in ketchup but that is normal. I had mine plain and they hit the spot. I get tired of potatoes the same way all the time. DH & I grew up with potatoes at every supper meal so it is hard to find different ways to cook them at times this is definitly a keeper. Thank You. made for ZWT4 for team CHIC CHEFS.