Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from foodbycountry.com. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. Greece
- 4 large potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Scrub potatoes under cool running water.
- Place in a large, heavy saucepan with enough water to cover potatoes completely.
- Boil potatoes over medium heat 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are fairly soft but not mushy.
- Drain in strainer, cool to room temperature, then peel.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cut potatoes into slices about 1/4 inch thick and place them in a 1 quart baking dish.
- Pour olive oil over potatoes. Add lemon juice, oregano, and salt.
- Stir very gently to keep potato slices from breaking.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Oh I just loved this dish, I put my pot's on and forgot about them so they were a bit softer than I would of liked, but I left them to cool and they worked out just fine. mind you I had to be a bit careful, so if you make this don't forget to keep an eye on them. Other than me making a boob this recipe is amazing, if you like your potatoes. So simple but so worth making. I will be making them often. Thank you for posting a very nice recipe. Made for ZWT#6 2010.