1/9 Photos of Patatas Bravas - Potatoes for the Brave, Spanish Style!
1 hr 25 mins
French Tart's Note:
There are many recipes for this famous Spanish tapas dish - this recipe was given to me by a Spanish friend from Madrid, and is the only recipe I use now..........I like the fact that the potatoes are baked in the oven, making it easier to prepare & socialise with a glass of Sangria or two! In Spain, Patatas Bravas is often served with mayonnaise or alioli - however you choose to serve it, this is a "must" for your Tapas table!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 227 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
FOR THE POTATOES
- 1(Serves 10-12 with other dishes).
- 2Prepare ahead by heating the oil in a pan, add the onion and fry for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato purée, two types of paprika, chilli powder, sugar and salt and bring to the boil, stirring. Simmer for 10 minutes until pulpy. Set aside for up to 24 hours.
- 3To serve, preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan oven 180°C Cut the potatoes into small cubes and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- 4Spread over a roasting tin and toss in the oil, then season. Roast for 40-50 minutes, until the potatoes are crisp and golden.
- 5Tip the potatoes into dishes and spoon over the reheated sauce.
- 6Sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with cocktail sticks.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Patatas Bravas - Potatoes for the Brave, Spanish Style!
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.8
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g