Recipe by Sackville
If you want a Spanish meal, serve this along with a selection of other dishes, like fried padron peppers and chorizo sausage.
- 1 lb potato, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the potato pieces over a baking sheet, pour over most of the olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425°F for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and crispy.
- Turn once during baking.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce by heating the leftover olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onions and sauté for a couple minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the parsley and let simmer for 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- Serve the sauce over the potatoes as is, or purée it in a food processor or blender, if you prefer a smoother texture.
- Garnish with the parsley.