This recipe is submitted for play in ZWT8 - Spain. It was found at Easy Spanish Recipes.com. This dish is an easy to make classic Spanish potato recipe, roughly translated, this means "poor man's potatoes." It is commonly served as a tapas or as a side dish with meat and fish.
- Cut the potatoes into rough slices about 1/8 to 1/4" in width.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and add the onions and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Now add the potatoes and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally until the potatoes are done.
- Be careful not to cook on very high heat as this will brown the potatoes and it is also important not to overcook the potatoes as they will be soft and mushy.
- When done, remove from the heat and strain off the extra oil.
- Put into a bowl and toss with the parsley, add salt and pepper to your taste and enjoy!