Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Very popular in the Canary Islands, these roast pork sandwiches are sure to please! The meat is juicy, and tender. Perfect for a picnic!
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic cloves and sea salt.
- Once creamy, add paprika, thyme, oregano and olive oil; combine well.
- Rub roast all over with this mixture.
- Place uncovered in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Bake 3 to 4 hours or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into very thin slices.
- Serve on crusty baguettes, lightly salted.
i made this today and loved it! i love pork but tend to overcook everytime. i did the same today and the meat was dry(my fault). i had added apple juice to the roasting pan to help steam so i took the juices, shredded the meat and drizzled the meat with juices. my hubby added apple cinnamon bbq sauce to his sandwich and it was delicious.
This is a TRUE five star dish... I sliced onion really thin and put it on the sandwich and that was all I changed... canarygirl, you have provided the MOST awesum recipes!! I LOVE this... I will look foreward to making it tons of times again! Thanks so much!! Donna:)
Excellent I made this roast in a clay roaster in the oven, with a little beer in the bottom of the pan, was very tender and not dry at all, was really great for a midweek dinner. Very quick and easy.