Recipe by canarygirl
Very popular in the Canary Islands, these roast pork sandwiches are sure to please! The meat is juicy, and tender. Perfect for a picnic!
Top Review by kimbearly
i made this today and loved it! i love pork but tend to overcook everytime. i did the same today and the meat was dry(my fault). i had added apple juice to the roasting pan to help steam so i took the juices, shredded the meat and drizzled the meat with juices. my hubby added apple cinnamon bbq sauce to his sandwich and it was delicious.
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika (I like smoky)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 lbs pork sirloin roast (bone in, the roast should have a fair amount of fat on top)
- 2 -3 crusty French baguettes, sliced lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic cloves and sea salt.
- Once creamy, add paprika, thyme, oregano and olive oil; combine well.
- Rub roast all over with this mixture.
- Place uncovered in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Bake 3 to 4 hours or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into very thin slices.
- Serve on crusty baguettes, lightly salted.