Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious Thai version of "Sweet & Sour Chicken". Easy to prepare. Shrimp or any other meat may be used in place of chicken.
- 200 g sliced chicken breasts
- 100 g canned pineapple, cut
- 100 g cucumbers, cut
- 100 g tomatoes, cut
- 100 g canned baby corn or 100 g canned carrots, cut
- 1 sprig sliced spring onion
- 1 large onion, cut
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Cut chicken, vegetables, and pineapple into mouth sized pieces.
- Pour oil in a work, fry garlic until it becomes golden color.
- Add sliced chicken and stir, then add oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar and stir contantly.
- Pour pineapple, cucumber, tomatoes, large onion and baby corn in the wok then add tomato sauce.
- Stir until fresh vegetable are all dente, add spring onion.
- Flavour to taste and serve with rice.
I liked how easy this recipe was to make. I prepped most of it ahead of time, so I was able to make it quickly. I enjoyed the sweetness of the pineapple, the flavors of the sauce - I'm just not sure about the cucumber - even though I love cucumbers. I will make this again, and I'm glad I have enough for seconds.