Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't had this dish since I was a kid. My mom (Pat Lindsay) wrote this recipe in the back of a Pearl's Kitchen book that I now own. I haven't personally made this recipe so I am guessing at the amount of people. I am using mom's family of 4 (herself included) as a guide. I plan on making this for our next family get-together. Time to make is baking time only. I don't know how long 3 lbs. of potatoes take to cook.
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 lbs new potatoes (about)
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons horseradish (adjust to taste)
- garlic salt
- Boil potatoes (no need to peel) until fork tender.
- Slice potatoes thinly, layer in greased casserole with cheese (ending with cheese).
- Mix horseradish with cream, a dash of pepper and garlic salt.
- Pour horseradish cream over potatoes and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.