Recipe by Debbie Boere Vrou
This is a quick pie crust for a pie with a cooked crust. This is adapted from Joy of Cooking
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very easy to make, I do like not having to roll out, I didnt realise it would shrink slightly, so I probably could have made a prettier result, but once the filling is in I thuink its fine. Nice convenient recipe, thank you Debbie, made for Spring PAC 2013
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons becel or other soft margarine
- 2 -3 tablespoons 1% or 2% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put flour and salt in food processor bowl. Whirl to mix flour and salt together. Put margarine in with flour and pulse until mixture is cut in and crumbly. Drizzle 2 tbsp of milk over flour mixture. Pulse, if dry add additional milk to pastry until it starts coming together.
- Press into pie pan, and press up sides. Prick bottom and sides of pie crust randomly with a fork.
- Cook in over about 18 to 22 minutes, until starting to become golden brown.