Pie crust recipe from Joy Powell
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the flour, sugar, & salt in the pie pan and mix with your fingers until blended.
- 2In a measuring cup, combine the oil & milk and beat with a fork until creamy.
- 3Pour all at once over the flour mixture. Mix with a fork until the flour mixture is completely moistened.
- 4Pat the dough with your fingers, first up the side of the plate then across the bottom.
- 5Flute the edges.
- 6Shell is now ready to be filled.
- 7If you are preparing a shell to be filled later, or your recipe requires a pre-baked crust, pre-heat the oven to 425°F prick the surface of the pastry with a fork and bake 15 minutes, checking often, and pricking more if needed.
- 8For a 10 min shell, use 2c flour, 2t sugar, 1 t salt 2/3 cup oil and 3T milk.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pat-In-Pan Crust
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1193.5
- Calories from Fat 1000
- Total Fat 111.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 1186.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g