Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens. SO simple and great to include on a holiday cookie platter. I loved changing the topping sugars to colored sugars that went with the season - like green and red for Xmas.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemons, rind of
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a big dent or well in center of mixture.
- Pour in 3/4 cup whipping cream and lemon peel.
- Stir until mixture is crumbly.
- Coat hands with a little flour.
- Use your hands (no need to use a rolling pin) to gently knead the dough in the mixing bowl until it can form a ball.
- Gently roll or pat the dough into a 7 1/2-inch circle on a floured surface.
- Cut the dough into pizza-shaped triangles.
- You should yield 6 or 8 wedges.
- Place scones about 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Lightly brush scones with additional cream; sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until scones are brown on tops and bottoms.
- Serve warm.