Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother grew up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula and this was a staple in our house. A great recipe that is easy to make and hardy
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 small rutabaga, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 double crust pie crust (top and bottom)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine potatoes, carrot, rutabaga, onion, ground beef, salt and pepper. It is good to use your hands to get it well combined.
- Line pie pan with one crust, add vegetable and meat mixture.
- Slice butter into patties and put on top of the vegetable/meat mixture.
- Put top crust on and puncture in a few places with a fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- You can also make these pocket style for a nice portable meat pie.