1/4 Photos of Pasty
1 hr 45 mins
A delicious meat pie, the directions do not include the ingredients for the "pie crust" or the gravy. Feel free to use your favorite pie crust and gravy recipe. Originally, pasties were made for miners. Their wives (or mothers) used lard to make the crusts. Once the pasties were cooked, they were wrapped tightly until lunch time and easily eaten - perhaps like a warm sandwich. Now, we eat pasties smothered in gravy, using a knife & fork. I've submitted this recipe using diced chicken. Pasties can be made with diced or ground meat, with chicken, beef, fish or vegetarian - the choice is yours. Be creative! If you ever have a chance to visit Michigan, Up North, I highly recommend stopping in one of the many pasty shops to try the real thing! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- 2Thaw pie crust dough and warm to room temperature.
- 3Mix vegetables, meat and seasoning in a large bowl.
- 4Roll each pie crust into a 10 inch oval.
- 5Put 10 oz pasty filling on each dough sheet.
- 6Pull over the top and crimp the edges.
- 7Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- 8Serve with or without your favorite gravy.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasty
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.7
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 791.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 16.5 g