Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tested in the Canadian Living Test Kitchen til perfect!
Make and share this Pastry With No Trans Fat recipe from Food.com.
- Whisk flour with salt in a large bowl.
- Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until in coarse crumbs with a few larger pieces.
- Stirring briskly with a fork, drizzle ice waterover flour mixture until pastry holds together, sprinkling dry spots with more water, if necessary, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Divide pastry in half, pressing into discs.
- On generously floured surface, roll 1 disc out to a scant 1/4 inch thickness.
- Roll around rolling pin; unroll over 9 inch pie plate, gently pressing dough to fit.
- Trim, leaving 3/4 inch overhang.
- Roll out remaining pastry for top to a scant 1/4 inch thickness& transfer to a rimless baking sheet.
- Refrigerate pie shell& pastry top until firm, about an hour.
- Use for your favourite summer fruit pie.
Quick and easy :D Thats how I like my pastry and this recipe is exactly that. I do tend to add a pinch of mustard powder if its for a savoury shell, or a little powdered sugar for a sweet recipe x
I just tried this recipe, and it was very easy to work with the dough. I didn't change anything, but I did use my food processor. It made enough dough for my double crust pie and a little extra. Thanks for the recipe!
Since I try to avoid shortening (and lard!!!) I'm really glad I found this recipe! I used my kitchenaid, and yes it worked! (Hurray!)It made the pastry a little bit harder to roll out, but it saved me tons of time. This is a generous recipe, with plenty of dough for a decorative crust. I love the butter flavor! Thanks CountryLady!