Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Try to eat just one!!! I dare ya..
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Sift and measure flour.
- Add Salt.
- Cut in shortening until it resembles small peas.
- Drizzle water into mixture & toss with a fork until it sticks together.
- Shape pastry into a ball with your hands.
- Don't over handle.
- Flour your rolling pin and lightly dust your board.
- Roll dough from the center until it forms a circle.
- Cut circle in to quarters.
- Put filling on a 1/2 of triangle.
- Add dabs of butter.
- Moisten cut edge and 1/2 of round edge.
- Fold over & tuck filling away from edge.
- Pinch edges together.
- Slash top to let steam out.
- Brush top with milk & sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake on bottom rack of oven for 20 minutes.