1/1 Photo of Pastry Tart With Havarti and Peppers
This recipe is from Pillsbury.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (I used a red onion)
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced (can used 1/2 red and 1/2 green)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (I used Pillsbury Cresent Recipe Creations)
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 slices havarti cheese
- 2 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In 10 inch skillet melt over butter over medium low heat.
- 3Add onion and cook in butter for 10 minutes, stirring frequently or until light golden brown and caramelized.
- 4Add green pepper and cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until peppers are tender.
- 5On ungreased cookie sheet, unroll dough into 1 large rectangle. If using crescent rolls, firmly press perforations to seal. Press into 12 x 7 rectangle, forming 1/4 inch rim around edge of dough.
- 6Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- 7Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- 8Top with half of the cheese (2.5 slices).
- 9Sprinkle bacon crumbles over mixture.
- 10Spoon pepper onion mixture over dough evenly.
- 11Top with remaining cheese (other 2.5 slices).
- 12Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 13To serve, cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise into strips. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pastry Tart With Havarti and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 290.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: