Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Pillsbury.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (I used a red onion)
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced (can used 1/2 red and 1/2 green)
- 1 (8 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (I used Pillsbury Cresent Recipe Creations)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 slices havarti cheese
- 2 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In 10 inch skillet melt over butter over medium low heat.
- Add onion and cook in butter for 10 minutes, stirring frequently or until light golden brown and caramelized.
- Add green pepper and cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until peppers are tender.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, unroll dough into 1 large rectangle. If using crescent rolls, firmly press perforations to seal. Press into 12 x 7 rectangle, forming 1/4 inch rim around edge of dough.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Top with half of the cheese (2.5 slices).
- Sprinkle bacon crumbles over mixture.
- Spoon pepper onion mixture over dough evenly.
- Top with remaining cheese (other 2.5 slices).
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise into strips. Serve warm.