Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Mix and sift flour.
- Cut in shortening with a knife. Add only enough water to hold the ingredients together.
- DO NOT KNEAD.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts and roll out onto a slightly floured wooden board.
- Line the pie pan with only 1 of the dough parts.
- Pinch the edges or use a fork to make the edged design.
- Poke the bottom of the shell with the fork.
- Bake in oven at 460* for 10 - 15 minutes.
- **Cook the 2nd shell according to directions unless you are using the 2nd shell as a covering for a pie, then place it on top of the pie raw and cook according to the pie's directions.** This recipe yields 2 pastry shells.