Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Have your kids help you to make this easy to prepare pastry. Add ingredients and SHAKE IT! Recipe makes enough for 5 pie crusts. I use it alot for quiche. Cooking time depends on how you are using the crust.
- 5 cups flour
- 1 lb shortening
- 10 ounces cold clear Sprite (or 10 ounces 7-Up soda, not quite a full can)
- In a bowl that seals ie.
- Tupperware Thatsa Bowl, add flour and shortening.
- Cut the shortening into flour using a pastry cutter.
- When bits are pea sized, add cold pop gently, pouring around the inside edge of the bowl.
- Seal bowl, and shake mixture until a thumping sound is heard.
- (my kids love this part!) Remove seal.
- Split the mixture into 5 equal sized portions, approximately.
- 1 cup.
- (1 cup= single pastry crust) Can be frozen.
This was fun! I was fairly skeptical at first, but this was a great dough. I needed to add a bit more flour (but I live in a humid place, that's not uncommon). It rolled out nicely, and tasted delicious in both the sweet mini pumpkin pies I made as well as the savory meat pies. The crust was nice and flaky after baking, even with repeated rolling. Thank you for posting!