Recipe by hotmomma Temple
Love this recipe b/c is is so flaky and light. It came from a friend i have never found a recipe for pastry that is as good. Hint she gave me is the dough should be slightly sticky when done.
- 2 lbs lard
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl mix flour and salt well, add the lard, crumbling together.
- Mix in the margarine well, then add milk.
- Work till dough is slightly sticky.
- In all honesty i really don't know exactly how long the dough takes to make b/c i've never timed it and it wasn't written on the recipe when i recieved it, so please don't quote my prep time.